Saturday 16 April 2016

Character: Rigging it up to 11

In the closing day of the project, I realised that my models would likely not be textured for the submission, but I would still submit my models and what I had. The important part was getting them into the game, And that means I would need to learn how to rig- fast.

After a few hours of the early morning spent on tutorials, I finally understood the basics of HumanIK rigging in Maya, and created a skeleton for my characters.




I gave each object a tinted lambert material and exported characters to my programmers and hoped for the best. it was all I could do given the time left before the deadline.

I feel as if I was re-making my models and going into far too much detail considering the stylistic design of the game. If I had made a more stylized character with slightly less intricate detail, I might have been able to finish and texture my models and make the variations I intended to do from the beginning. Although I am still proud of the progress I have made in 3D modeling through this project and intend on learning more about rigging and animation as I and still confused and fascinated by the subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment