Tuesday 19 April 2016

Character: Animation Skinning

After creating the skeletons for the character models, they need to be skinned so the mesh reacts to the skeletons movements.

Although this seams like an easy task, It's the part i found the most challenging as I did not fully understand the mechanics. to my understanding the colours indicate the intensity of the skin's "grip" on the node of that part of the skeleton. As certain areas will distort when rotated unless the skin weights are correctly applied. In order to get a professionally finished model, the skinning must be applied correctly so there is no distortion or clipping when the model is posed.

I found the more I tried to adjust the skin weights, the more distorted my model became. Although I'm sure with more time and practice I could understand and use this weighting effectively.




No comments:

Post a Comment