Wednesday 13 April 2016

Character: Clothing

Going back to the protagonist, I needed to model some basic clothing - even if I was unable to model the intricate armour that had been designed for the characters late into the project. I duplicated and extruded the faces around where I wanted the clothes to be, then deleted and edge-loops that I thought were unnecessary in order to reduce the amount of Tris (as it was starting to cause slowdown)  - The trousers and shirt were relatively simple. extruding the faces out from the body with some tweaking.

However the character was designed with a long coat. Although this would be a nightmare to animate especially for someone as new to the subject as myself, I modeled it. I made a sectioned cylinder and rotated and scaled the rings to get the basic shape of the flared coat.




The coat was taking shape, but I needed to add sleeves and layer the clothes ontop of the base model and other garments. This would prove to be the difficult part as I spent a lot of time having to push back verts that had clipped through to the layer above.

No comments:

Post a Comment